My mom, two sisters and I met in Las Vegas for a long girl's weekend over Memorial weekend! I will have to admit I broke down a little at the airport. I was a little anxious and nervous over leaving my sweet Landon. I knew Laurel and Savannah would be okay but my little baby had never been without his mommy.
It was such a relaxing vacation. I felt like the night lasted forever. Since Las Vegas is two hours behind Alabama time, I would wake up at 4:30 and realize how much time I still had left to sleep. We spent time laying out by the pool. I got to actually turn over on my stomach and not have to fear a child was drowning. We ate good food, and I will never disclose the amount one meal costs me!
We saw Donny and Marie! They were excellent and I really want Marie's legs!! Donny is still just as cute as he was when I had a crush on him back in the day.
We watched Mama Mia and I guess I was living under a rock when this movie came out, because I had never seen it. I really need to get out with girlfriends more. But it was so much fun watching it with my sisters and my mom. I really just wanted to go to that island and sing and dance! I mean, I probably would not sound any worse or look any more painful than Pierce Bronson, right?
Oh, it was so much fun but I was ready to get home to my sweet family. Landon survived and didn't even come close to giving me the homecoming I was expecting. Laurel and Savannah, on the other hand, jumped up and down and tackled me! Then Laurel told me, "you are being a sweet mommy!" So I guess the vacation did me some good!
I think we should make it a yearly tradition! Thanks to my sweet mother-in-law for coming to help with the children. Thanks to my sweet sister-in-law for bringing over gatorade to Seth, who got violently ill the first night I left. And a BIG thanks to my sister Audra for providing the time share in Las Vegas!