Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Day

It's amazing how some cute decorations, hershey kisses and chocolate chip muffins will brighten a morning!  I had some excited girls this morning, on Valentines Day!  Landon didn't have a clue what was going on.  He just knew breakfast had never tasted so good.

Sawyer woke up with a cough and runny nose.  I guess it was inevitable.  It was almost impossible to keep Landon away from him when he was sick.  The poor, little baby didn't want to be put down.  I held him in one arm and Landon in the other.  We watched two hours worth of Little Bear's.  Landon has said goodbye to Curious George and now has a new love, Little Bear.  Which,  I personally think is the sweetest cartoon ever!

Around 11:30, a miracle happened.  Landon went to his bed and fell asleep.  He slept for over two hours.  I snuggled with Sawyer the whole time.  I loved it.  I rarely get to sit still and hold Sawyer for any length of time.

Landon woke up crying and cried for the next 45 minutes.  I have no idea why he was crying and neither did he.  He just couldn't stop.  He finally choked down some yogurt,  in between sobs and then started giggling.  I said, "do you feel better?"  He said, "feel better, mommy."  Guess he just needed to get it out.  It was then time to go get Laurel and Savannah.  He yelled, "superman!" all the way to school. 

Laurel and Savannah got in the car.  Savannah was upset.  She said,"I did not get to eat my snack, all I had was those hearts that have words all over them!"  When I told her she could eat her snack when she got home, she burst into tears! 

While the kids played in their room,  Seth and I sat at the table eating dinner.  I ate a healthy choice meal.  He ate left over pizza.  Such a romantic valentines dinner, huh!?  Actually, it was to me.  That's what is funny.  Romantic to me was 30 minutes of quiet. No crying.  Just some good, adult conversation!

This is what I'm thankful for on this "day of love."  I'm thankful for my sweet, emotion filled, sugared up children.  I'm thankful for a husband, who I love even more today then yesterday.