Sunday, September 1, 2013

A conversation with Siri

At the end of the summer, Seth started traveling every week with his job.  Now, I have heard some say that they would love it if their husband traveled. But not this mama! I love having him home every night.  I love seeing his car come down that driveway at the end of the day.  I start singing hallelujahs!  He brings a calmness to the house.  When he travels, I don't cook and the house doesn't seem to stay as neat.  I know that is just pathetic of me but I'm just keeping it real!  I just get out of my routine.

On this particular day, we had all been stuck in the house because of rain.  We were all on each other's nerves.  Sawyer is extra whiny these days and after listening to that all day long, anyone would lose their mind.  Seth had gotten me an ipad a few days earlier.  The kids were fighting over the ipad.  Bless them.  They have been deprived of electronic devices, so who could blame them.  So I snatch the ipad away and told them that none of them would play on it.  The boys were crying, Laurel and Savannah were trying to plead their case.  I was holding the ipad and the kids were all crowded around me.  I hit a button and Siri came on and asked, "what can I help you with?"  I did not know that I had Siri on the Ipad, so I was a little surprised.  The kids were fascinated that this woman was asking me what she could help me with.

I very calmly said, "how can I be a more patient mother?"  And Siri said, "I'm not sure I understand, how cannot be more patient mother."  "Would you like for me to search the web?"  All the kids are around me, looking on with amazement.  All of a sudden Laurel yells, "Yes!"  "Please search the web!"  I started laughing so hard, because I could just imagine Laurel thinking, please help my mommy, whoever you are!

So after Laurel says this, all of a sudden this screen pops up:

 
This was my first time conversing with Siri, so I was pretty amazed myself.  You see, I don't have one of those "smart Phones!"  An upgrade is coming soon! :)  So needless to say, Siri broke the tension in our house that evening. 
Then the kids wanted to take selfies, so that is what we did.

We will call this look: Just trying to survive, at the end of the day, with no daddy coming home!
And, one night when all the kids are in the bed, I should probably read some of the good information that Siri found for me!