I hope they look back on their childhood with fond memories. I hope they remember how they played together as friends. I hope they can remember how much they used their imaginations. I am always amazed at what they come up with.
I heard the girls giggling in their room and I opened the door. They were pretending to ride a horse they had made at the foot of the bed. They told me to take a picture of them so I could show it to Grandpa!
| Laurel spent a couple of days entertaining herself by making clothes for dolls. |
They secretly planned a "date night" for Seth and I on the front porch. They led us out to the porch and had music playing and a table set. Laurel said, "now, you two just enjoy yourselves and don't worry about us!" Savannah, Landon and Laurel were waiters and waitresses. Sawyer joined us when he woke up from his nap.
I hope they remember going out of town with Seth. During the summer, if the kids don't have anything else going on, they will pair up and take turns traveling with Seth. They love doing this and I think it makes Seth feel less homesick when he has two of the kids with him.
The first week, Savannah and Landon went. Landon hugged us and left. He would call and I would talk to him and immediately he would say, "where's Sawyer?" "Can I talk to him?" Savannah would tell me that he talked about Sawyer the whole time they were gone. They usually stay gone for 3 full days.
The next week, it was Laurel and Sawyer's turn. We hugged them goodbye and I closed the door and looked at Landon and his chin was quivering. I said, "What's wrong buddy?" He bursts into tears! Savannah and I were stunned. I said, "why are you crying?" And through his tears he was telling me how much he was going to miss Sawyer and he didn't want him to be gone that long. He was saying that he didn't want to sleep alone in his bed that he wanted Sawyer. It was so sweet and the first time that I really realized how much this boy does love his younger brother. It was a long 3 days for Savannah and I. We heard a lot of, "when is Sawyer going to be home?"
I have to add this picture:
| Savannah helped me so much in that 3 days to get all the clothes organized. She is the best little organizer, hence the picture of hangers! |
Landon and his cousin Luke made up a game to see who could throw their pine cones the farthest!
I hope they remember playing hiding-go-seek and coming up with some great hiding places!
| Laurel, Laurel come out where ever you are... We give up! |
I hope they remember playing in creeks.