Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Today

Today...
Landon went to preschool.  It was just Sawyer and I for several hours.  Sawyer and I ate lunch while we listened to Adele on Pandora radio.  He danced in his chair and hummed and laughed at me while I sang and danced.

He went down for a nap around 11:30.  I should have been folding clothes or cleaning bathrooms, but no, oh no, I kicked back in the recliner with some cookies and watched my shows that were recorded.  You know those shows that I record and never get to watch.  Yeah, it was nice. 

Landon got home around 1:00.  He was in such a good mood.  He wanted to drink his milk and watch Little Bear. We left shortly after to get the girls from school.  The girls got in the car, all in a good mood.  Landon was set off by something and turned from good to rotten.  He started screaming.  Sawyer started screaming because Sawyer thinks Landon hung the moon and wants to do everything that Landon does.  I told Landon to stop screaming.  He said, "well, I'm going to open this door!"  "Well, I'm going to unbuckle!"  "Well, I'm going to throw this at you!" 
I put on lullabies and told him he better close his eyes and go to sleep.

At home....
He sleeps for about 45 minutes.  Long enough for me to start dinner.
 
Savannah reads to Sawyer.

Laurel studies quietly in her room.

And for one afternoon, I feel like I have my house under control!
Then Landon wakes up.  He comes into the house a little sweaty and mad because he is hot and sweaty.  I say "no, no, no. Don't you start!"  And he pitches a fit.  I give him some milk. And he gets happy.  Then he says, "mommy, are you happy?"  "Maybe my bum, bum will make you happy!"


And he bends over and does his bum, bum dance.  And no one knows where he got this bum, bum dance from but it causes lots of laughter around here.
The End.