Friday, May 3, 2013

Savannah

Savannah lost a tooth.  She pulled it herself.  Savannah and Laurel think they have figured out who the tooth fairy is.
I'm not sure why they believe a bunny can hop in the house, but a fairy can't fly into there room.
I guess they are not ready to give up the Easter Bunny yet.

Savannah loves clothes!  She loves putting outfits together.  She always has her clothes picked out the night before.  There are times when she will let me know on a Friday what she wants to wear to school on Monday.  She loves shoes even more. 

Savannah came home yesterday and said, "mommy, the weirdest thing happened today.  Mrs. Manda was our substitute teacher and do you know when she was our substitute in kindergarten, I had on this same outfit!  She was probably thinking, do you wear that everyday!?  But no, this is my first time wearing this outfit in first grade."

I laughed so hard and could not believe that Savannah could remember what she was wearing last year when Mrs. Manda was her sub.  She is so much like me though.  I always loved my clothes.  I loved working with clothes.  My first job at 16 was in retail.  After my car and insurance were paid, I spent the rest on clothes.  My first major at College was early childhood education, but when I discovered you could get a college degree in Fashion Design, I changed majors.
I thought I was going to move to New York and be a designer or a buyer.  I had some great years working for Parisian, which is now Belk.  I loved taking a messed up department and making it beautiful.  I would dream about how to merchandise a wall with all the inventory that had just arrived on the truck.  I would wake up in the middle of the night and sketch the design out on paper and go in the next morning and get to work.  It was a great job.  I would never want to go back to work in retail now because of the long, crazy hours.  That just wouldn't be fun missing out on Saturdays and holidays with my family.  But I do use the line, "I promise, that matches!"  "Remember, mommy has a Fashion Design degree!"  Works every time! :)