{unrelated picture}
Savannah with "Miss Annie"
She is Savannah's most favorite person!
In the month of March we celebrated President's Day! We got to vote in the Alabama caucus. Savannah has this writing journal that she brings home every Friday. She has written something in the journal, usually pertaining to what they have talked about that week, and then we write back to her on the next page.
Usually I am the one writing to her. Laurel has written a couple of times. Well, this particular time she asked her dad if he would write to her. She had written about Abraham Lincoln and his tall black hat. Seth had forgotten to write and Savannah reminded him Monday morning as they were walking out the door. He came back to the table and I thought he would write just a couple of sentences, since they really needed to be leaving right then. But this is what I love about Seth, he took the time to write this:
"Dear Savannah, I see that you shared a story about Abraham Lincoln as we celebrate President's Day. This year we will elect a new President for our country. When you reach the age of 18 you will be able to vote. I encourage you to read and study what each candidate stands for as you reach voting age. I encourage you to read and study the constitution and vote for that candidate who lives by it and who will do the greatest good for the country. Love, daddy"