Monday, March 5, 2012

conversations in the car


{valentine's day 2011}
Some of the best conversations happen in the car.  For the past three weeks, Seth has been driving Laurel and Savannah to school.  You see, they added a lane to interstate 65, which in turn cut down on HWY 280's congestion problem.  Seth is able to get them to school and make it to work on time.  He loves being able to spend extra time with them in the morning and they love it too.

This morning they both had their book fairs at school so I took them.  I had forgotten just how much I miss their conversations.  This is how the conversation went this morning.  At one point I thought, who's raising this girl?!

Savannah:  "mommy, at the stop sign can you turn this way?  I want to show you where I'm going to live when I grow up!"
Laurel: "you know where you are going to live?"
Savannah:  "Yes, it is going to be close to mommy."
Laurel: "Well, you have to live where your husband is."
Savannah: "I'm not going to have a husband."  "Here it is, mommy! That's where I'm going to live."  As she points to an open field.
Laurel:  "Are you going to have children?"
Savannah:  "yes"

Me:  "Then you need a husband if you're going to have children."
Savannah:  "No I don't, mommy.  You have taught me all I need to know."
Laurel: "Savannah, you have to have a husband!"
Savannah: "Laurel, don't judge me.  I can do what I want to in my home."
Laurel:  "Well, you sure will be close to school."
Savannah: "I'm going to homeschool!"
Laurel: "Wow, what else are you going to do when you grow up, Savannah?"

Don't worry, "her mommy has taught her all she needs to know!"
:)