Saturday, March 30, 2013

Resurrection Rolls

Yesterday after school we did a fun little food activity to remind us about the real reason we celebrate Easter.  They always have a snack as soon as they get home.  So I thought it would be fun for them to make their own snack while we talked about the real meaning of Easter, the resurrection of Christ.

Savannah with her sweet friend, Lily. I gave them a crescent roll which represented the cloth that was wrapped around Jesus. We talked about that this is how people were buried back in Jesus' day.

Then I gave them a marshmallow wich represented Christ's body.
 We then talked about how they covered Jesus'  body in oil and annointed it with spices. 
We rolled it around in cinnamon and sugar.

Then we wrapped the marshmellow up in the roll and put it in the oven to bake.  While it was baking we talked about how Jesus Christ was placed in the tomb and that after three days Christ was resurrected.  I loved how excited they got when telling the story of Christ and his resurrection.


After the rolls came from the oven, we cut them open and the marshmellow had melted, which signified that Christ had been resurrected.

 
They thought it was really cool.  I love teaching my children with visuals.  I want them to know how important Christ is in their life.  I'm so grateful for his atonement and I am grateful that because of him we will all live again.