Friday, May 27, 2016

If I Could Go Back

If I could go back, I would have been a different mom, with my first three children.  I am so different with Sawyer.  So much more relaxed.  So much more patient.  I don't sweat the messes.  I don't fret over a clean house and clean laundry.  I work it in between my day with Sawyer.  It does help that he loves to clean and fold clothes.  I don't rush him.  I wait when he is in the middle of something.  I stop and let him explore.  He is my little buddy and goes everywhere with me.  I love his funny personality and I love how we can just carry on a conversation all day long.  I WILL make the most of this last year at home with him.




He can get distracted when we are folding clothes, and do silly things, like putting on 10 pair of socks!




He never meets a stranger.  He will just start a conversation, if the opportunity is there.  I was walking the track at our community center.  The track over looks the basket ball court, so he would play with the basket balls while I walked.  I looked down and saw this sweet man playing basket ball with him.



Stretching out before we walk!






He has learned how to pump those legs!

It's really sad, but I have let him cook with me way more than I did the girls.  I know, I wish I could turn back time.  I was so controlling in the kitchen when they were young.  
He built a fort and I found him asleep.  He doesn't think so, but he still needs a nap.  He loves putting on his PJ's, if he knows we aren't going back outside.








He will pick up any critter!  He comes in and says, with his hand behind his back, "Mommy, I got a surprise for you!"  I use to think it was going to be a flower.  Now, I know to step back and get ready!  This was a huge grasshopper!



He's the best, little shopper!  There's this consignment store that he loves to go into with me.  He stops and poses!

He has all my friends wrapped around his little finger!  We were at Mrs. Lisa's house and he hurt his ear!